Sorry – The Chaps Are A Bit Distracted
What with ‘concrete grooving’, ‘goat building’ and ‘supping’ … ‘normal’ service will be resumed as soon as possible.
Proof, if proof is needed, that we do not make our stuff up ….
Watch this space, to learn the intricacies of how the people of Yorkshire build goats.
The same event also offered “Concrete Grooving,” though whether as a participatory activity or an unusual celebration of disco culture remains unknown…
In the meantime – this chap did spot this today – and thought it to be a worthwhile share. And consistent with the theme of this post … ‘It’s Not Normal’
- It’s not normal for the presumptive nominee’s son to take a meeting with a Russian lawyer who claims she has dirt compiled by Russian governmental forces who want to see your guy win.
- It’s not normal for the President to sign off on a public cover-up of that meeting when confronted with the facts.
- It’s not normal for the President to hold a Cabinet meeting that consists of his staff gushing over him.
- It’s not normal for the President to undermine his West Wing staff by continually asking friends and visitors for their opinions on various replacement options.
- It’s not normal for the President to make a deal with his Russian counterpart for an “impenetrable Cyber Security unit,” let his Treasury Secretary out on a Sunday show to enthusiastically defend the idea, then pull the plug that night after ridicule from fellow Republicans.
- It’s not normal for the President to interrupt his day to watch the press briefing on TV, and critiquing the answers à la “SportsCenter.”
It’s not normal for the President to obsess about cable-news coverage of himself, and instantly react to stories before checking the specifics.
- It’s not normal for the President to irritate and offend key allies by failing to re-articulate the country’s devotion to their alliance, only to offer the reassurance weeks later, after the damage is done.
- It’s not normal for the President to publicly criticize the mayor of London on the basis of flawed facts, right after a terror attack that killed seven.
- It’s not normal for the President to attack TV news hosts by name, including a personal attack on a woman’s intellect and appearance.
No wonder, then …